Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Bargello Top Note with Frayed Ribbon Flower




















What is Bargello?  Bargello is a form of embroidery that is created through a series of upright flat stitches laid out in interesting patterns.  This technique was in the June 2010 Stampin' Success magazine and I just had to try it.  I cut strips of striped DSP (stripes work best) in varying widths, 1/8, 1/4 & 1/2 inches.  I used a piece Whisper White cardstock for the base cut at 5.5 x 4.25 inches.  Align colors into desired pattern and adhere to the cardstock and then I ran it through the Big Shot.
The ribbon is cut at 6 inches and then used linen thread and did a running stitch along one edge.  Once that was done I straightened out the ribbon and on the opposite side of the thread I sniped 1/8th inch clips down the ribbon.  Once that was done I pulled it together to form a circle and tied the thread and added the brad.  Very easy.

Thanks for stopping by :-)

Cindy

Stamps:  Well Scripted
Ink:  Certainly Celery, Pretty in Pink
Paper:  Barely Banana, Whisper White,Tea Party DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Pink Rhinestone Brad, So Saffron 1/2" Grograin Ribbon, Linen Thread, Needle.

No comments :

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...