Friday, July 2, 2010

~Corner Bookmark~



I watched a tutorial on Splitcoaststampers the other day on how to make a Corner Bookmark.  When I watched her make the score lines in the video I thought the Sizzix Bigz Die "Petal Card" (retired) would work great and it would already be scored for me!  I needed a quick going away gift for a girl at work and this is what I made for her.  I used Certainly Celery textured cardstock to make the main frame of the bookmark 4"x4".  Lined up the tip of the 4x4 cardstock onto the tip of the Petal Card die so it only covered two of the score lines that I needed.  I used some Razzleberry Lemonade DSP cut at 2.5"x2.5" and adheard to the center before adhering the petals together.  The flower is made with Vellum Cardstock with the 5-Petal Flower Punch (3) then added the Flower Brad.  Next I cut a 3"x 3" square of So Saffron using the Scallop Corner and Border Punch.  Punch corner first then finish with the border.  I wanted to add this backing so I could adhere the ribbon to the back with Sticky Strip and not be showing!  I then used the Butterfly stamp from the Great Friend stamp set.  Using smooth Certainly Celery cardstock, I stamped 2 butterflies with Versamark and then used Iridescent Ice Embossing powder and cut them out.  I then added a yellow brad to both for a little weight and sandwiched them together with the ribbon with Sticky Strip.
This was fun and easy to make!

Everyone have a fun and safe 4th of July, celebrate your freedom and remember those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that we can live free!

Cindy

Stamps:  Great Friend
Paper:  Certainly Celery Smooth & Textured, So Saffron, Vellum Cardstock, Razzleberry Lemonade DSP
Ink:  Versamark
Accessories:  Sizzix Big Shot, Bigz Die "Petal Card", Scallop Corner & Border Punch, 5-Petal Flower Punch, Flower Brad, plain yellow brad, Crushed Curry Polka Dot Grosgrain Ribbon (retired), Iridescent Ice EP, Heat Tool and lots of Sticky Strip!

1 comment :

Julie Davison said...

Love those vellum flowers!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...